OPERATION OF FC ACCOUNT BY TYPE-B AND TYPE-C INDUSTRIES IN EPZS
(Bangladesh Bank FE Circular No. 21, dated 2 August, 1995)
Attention of the authorized dealers is invited to para (b) of F.E. Circular No. 25 of 1989 and F.E. Circular No. 18 of 1994.
In partial modification of the instructions contained in the above F.E. Circulars, it has since been decided that the Type 'B' and Type 'C' industries, other than the garment units of the EPZs, who shall use only imported raw materials, shall henceforth be allowed to deposit in their respective foreign currency accounts up to 80% of the C&F / FOB value of each export consignment released without prior permission from the Bangladesh Bank. The remaining 20% shall be credited to the local currency accounts at the official exchange rate.